Monday, September 29, 2008

My Sweet 16

Happy Birthday to my dear firstborn, Kristina!
I am more than blessed to have a daughter as sweet as her. She truly has a heart for others all brought about by her relationship with the Lord.
Photobucket
Kristina has always been a very adventurous funny girl... not afraid to be herself and has a love for Tiki men!

Where did time go?
I remember lying on my back tossing her about on my feet up in the air while we laughed and watched Sesame Street...
Where did time go???
She always had her hand in mine and reminded me to pray for others.
I would think... "how wonderful to have this child by my side...
it will be years before she's even in school...
we have all the time in the world together."

Many of you may have children my daughter's age, perhaps older, and very likely.... younger. I want to encourage you to enjoy your time with your little ones. Life can get so busy, and before you know it, years have gone by.
Take time to be silly with them. Get on the floor with them and view things from their perspective, because all too soon they are looking at you eye to eye, or perhaps they may even pass you up! Seize the moments you have and enjoy those blessings in your life.

Photobucket
Kristina sporting "Ollie Girl!" circa 1993 for her first Birthday! :0)
This design has been officially retired... sorry to dissapoint you! LOL !

So while I am dedicating the first 3 songs to Kristina, on my playlist in the left hand margin, I thought I would share the lyrics to "Kristina's Song"
Yes, on ocassion I still sing it to her! Actually, it's not uncommon for me to break out in song during the day, so pardon my silliness... but one of the things that my children always tell their friends is that their mommy has a special song for them :0) and that makes me so happy!!!

"I love Kristina, yes I do
I love Kristina, how 'bout you?
I love Kristina yes I do,
I love her from her head to her shoes,
I love Kristina, yes I do!"

OKAY!! Now you all know how incredibly sentimental and crazy I am!

Photobucket
Here we are! Once again at Disney, sporting green and red braces for Christmas!
Happy Birthday, Kristina... our sweet 16. I'll love you forever! Don't ever stop shining for Jesus!

Photobucket
Beach bummin', guitar strummin', Surfer girl :0)

Photobucket
Running in a kilt with a hockey stick.... COOL!!!!

Photobucket
Kristina on her day! Beaming as usual :0)

Photobucket
And here were her birthday cupcakes we whipped up!

3 comments:

Emily Korff, Veralana Photography said...

Aw! Happy Birthday, Tina!

Ollie Girl! Custom Boutique said...

awwww! you know her nickname!!!! Thanks Emily! You are so sweet!!!!

Colettoscloset said...

Oh My Goodness! Angela- she is so beautiful!!