Monday, November 17, 2008

Happy Birthday to my little Buddy :0)

My son, Michael is the sweetest most caring little guy:0) When I asked him what sort of party and meal he wanted for his birthday, he simply said " A surfing party with a turkey dinner". Well, days and days of prep went into his meal alone! I was tired, but it was so worth it just to see his face beam with excitement.
His special day was filled with his family, cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents and friends. What a special day! What a wonderful son God has blessed me with!
Happy Birthday Buddy!


Photobucket
Excited and waiting for his guests to arrive!

Photobucket
His cake was at his request, a carrot cake from scratch. We made a giant rice crispy treat in the shape of a wave and frosted it on top of his carrot cake with homemade cream cheese frosting (dyed blue of course!) We found little surfboards online and I found a picture of him in his wetsuit, and we printed it out to personalize his cake futher. Gummy fish and sharks swam beneath the ocean's surface. A sandy platform (brown sugar) made a "sweet" ocean floor!

2 comments:

Cinnamon*Sticks Boutique said...

WOW!!!! Angels! What an amazing cake. Happy birthday to your (not so) little guy!
Canela

robinbb said...

I love the cake. And what a handsome boy!