Thursday, April 9, 2009

Another fun Alice rendition

Photobucket

When a customer approached me with the idea to do a rendition of the National English Ballet gown, I was immediately inspired. The traditional styling of this dress along with the whimsical details would allow for me to run wild with some sideline fun ;0)
The dress is constructed of 100% cotton sateens, which you must know was a DREAM for me to work with! It's hard to beleive a cotton can have such a natural sheen, but there it was... just beautiful!
The dresses details include double eyelett ruffled sleeve hems, 3 rows of satin ribbon at the dress hemline, covered buttons with a removeable apron. The apron is sateen as well and has beautiful stitch detailing, velvet trim, double ruffles, pockets, and Alice's key to unlock the magical fun of her Wonderland world!
This dress is worn with a pettiskirt to showcase it's fullness.

I will be listing this special gown in my Etsy Store, and at boutiqueolliegirl.com website soon.
I am thrilled to share this fun creation with you all! I am headed back to the sewing studio as I have many little princesses awaiting their special dresses. Please contact me with any questions. Thank you!

2 comments:

Ruth said...

this is so darling! I love it. Great work.

mylookingglasses.blogspot.com

Christa said...

Amazing, Angela. :)